An Organization With An Important Purpose
- Promote Good Laboratory Practices
- Provide Quality Assurance Programs
- Provide Continuing Education for Laboratory Professionals
- Promote Cooperation With Other Professionals
- Establish An Information Network Of Veterinary Laboratory Professionals
An Organization for the Advancement of Veterinary Diagnostic Medicine
The Veterinary Laboratory Association (VLA) is an international nonprofit veterinary organization in support of diagnostic laboratories. This association was formed in 1989 for the purpose of providing consistency between veterinary diagnostic laboratories, which ultimately improves animal welfare.
The VLA administers the Veterinary Quality Assurance Program (VQAP), the most comprehensive veterinary proficiency program available to laboratories. Because Continuing Education is also a VLA priority, the Veterinary Laboratory Association sponsors periodic learning opportunities such as hands on workshops, meetings and webinars.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Voting Rights in Officer Elections
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Networking Opportunities
- VLA Forum Access